Old 11-27-22, 09:43 AM
Daniel4

Bikes: Sekine 1979 ten speed racer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1481 Post(s)
Liked 639 Times in 437 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyBike
When pigs fly. Pie in the sky. Chose your cliche.

Sure motorists have responsibility. But they are generally stoopid, distracted, entitled, in a hurry, and operating some giant wheeled leviathan down a narrow road. The only part of this equation that YOU and I have any control over is what WE do. This is my point. If a road is treacherous, DON'T BE THERE to get hit. If you must be there, behave as if your life depends on it, because it does. In my city I see motorists and cyclists doing dumb things every day. Motorists in a rush, cyclists behaving as if God is protecting them.

Tilt the field in your favor. Motorists worrying about us will NEVER HAPPEN. Stop dreaming. Bike lanes and roadways are only as safe as cyclist awareness and skill level.
You don't even have to be on the road to get hit.

Have you heard of stories where a driver smashed his car into a Wal-Mart or McDonald?

In Toronto, we had a girl in a dance studio killed by an SUV.

Just because drivers by their nature don't care about anyone else does not mean we as a society can accept bad driving as an acceptable norm abd absolve them of all responsibility. The story of a cyclist in Toronto being killed and dragged by a driver in his Ford 250 has the police being undecided if charges will be laid. I bet if the guy would was killed had been in a car, charges would have definately be laid.
Likes For Daniel4: