View Single Post
Old 11-30-22, 10:36 AM
1989Pre 
Standard Member

Bikes: 1948 P. Barnard & Son, 1962 Rudge Sports, 1963 Freddie Grubb Routier, 1980 Manufrance Hirondelle, 1983 F. Moser Sprint, 1989 Raleigh Technium Pre, 2001 Raleigh M80

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1294 Post(s)
Liked 934 Times in 486 Posts
Originally Posted by jon c.
Although you say it is foreign to you, I suspect you've seen enough human behavior in your time to understand this is a flaw inherent to the species. I don't think this is well understood but there is some research on the topic (just a random abstract to note the nature of the effort):
I am willing to concede that the decision to "not see" a cycle with rider could be somewhat of a sub-conscious decision, but it nevertheless indicates a dangerous state of mental disturbance and incapacity. The inability to interface responsibly with reality is basically the definition of psychosis, in-general. More research needs to be done on this, particularly when a motorist alleges that they "did not see" the cyclist in broad daylight. I am recommendeing a mandatory 60-day observation period for all who use this type of excuse and legal defense, in an attempt to guage both the cognitive abilities and the underlying subconscious processes of the individual.

Last edited by 1989Pre; 12-03-22 at 05:57 AM.