Old 12-07-22, 05:20 PM
streetsurfer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 155 Posts
Sorry, pictures are difficult to show the actual angles or distances, but I’m glad to help. I hope the pics help some. I show the right stay to brake surface as .980”
I show left stay to brake surface as .880”
There is a one-hundred thousandths difference.

If this helps any, my chain line seems
straightest between fourth gear and fifth gear. There is a slight cant to the right at the rear in four
A sight left cant in fifth.

4th

5th

While the wheel shows a bit of left offset by stay to rim measurements where you indicated, I don’t know that it’s not proper, in order to account for the gear cluster and wheel dish or tire to chain clearance. On mine it doesn’t seem to mess with the actual tread being centered.

Eyeing this up now, I wonder if the wider rtp might rub chain in 11.I haven’t looked down at chain alignment while riding yet. I’ll get this on the stand after a follow up and doctors approval to be more active.

These rear alignment issues, and wheel building aren’t areas that I have had to delve into before, but I am eager and willing.

Judging by the tire alone, the center of tread still seems to align with the center of the seat post, the bolt in the chain stay brace, the center of the bolt in the seat stay cross brace/brake hanger, the brake cable housing stop/hanger and the center of roller hanger on the straddle cable.

How large of a difference have you noticed? Iirc you had one set of wheels redone? Do you still have a greater offset than the .100” I’m seeing, or thereabouts?

Seems centered to frame center.

I’m using a tamper marker for two reasons: To show what I’ve gone over so far To monitor for any loosening or shifting.

When more mobile, I’ll check the seat stay distances to rim. What I may be picking up is .050” difference in the cross sections/widths of the two chain stays…the chain sode being seemingly a touch flatter inboard. So take that into account as part of the 1/10” diff here, perhaps.

Last edited by streetsurfer; 12-08-22 at 09:40 AM.