Bah Humbug
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Originally Posted by abshipp
I couldn't imagine a custom. I thought I had my preferred geo figured out earlier this year but that kind of went out the window over the last few months with how much I've been riding the SLT. Are you pretty confident you're going with Barco? This is for a gravel bike, right?
Pending getting everything straight, but probably, and yes. I've just heard so much good about his work, and stainless makes a ton of sense for gravel. As for the can't imagine custom, that goes through my head, but is it really any different from committing to another frame? If I got an Aspero and then realized after a year that I didn't like it, it's still a wasted frame purchase, and I don't know that it's more likely with one geometry than another. It's the kind of thing that makes bike (and laptop) purchases very difficult for me.

Originally Posted by abshipp
I came close to having a good run once or twice, I think. On a couple summer nights on my high school's track. Typically though, every time I run I get horrible stitches in my sides.
That's from not running enough; I forget the explanation but it's about the synchrony of your abs with your stride. That takes a few months of running to get through and then you're just done with it.