Old 06-10-21, 04:30 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4513 Post(s)
Liked 6,388 Times in 3,673 Posts
Originally Posted by Nubra
You may want to throw away the tool. Almost everything I have read from experienced Brookies say NOT to tighten the nut on the saddle!
NICE nitto cage and I love the Obenauf's. Way good leather treatment.
Cheers!
Not so fast and I will probably get shouted down on this but I have used "the" wrench to loosen a couple of new ones just a bit to speed up break in time, tighten them back up as soon as it starts or before if my backside gets onboard sooner which it usually does.

I have at least 15-20 Brooks of every state, NOS, well broken in, old and not broken in, and many in between, Pro's, Team's, B-17's, B-17 Specials, an Imperial and a couple or 3 Cambium's

To be honest, I have very little trouble with them, height, tilt and adjustment have more to do with it than anything. On hot, cold, long rides I some times use a cover for extra slip or cushion depending on the current state out back.

In other words, I have never met a Brooks I didn't like, ymmv.

Last edited by merziac; 06-11-21 at 05:48 PM.
Likes For merziac: