View Single Post
Old 10-29-16, 07:10 PM
Z953

Bikes: '16 Specialized Tarmac Comp (5800), '10 Spec Roubaix Expert (5800), '04 Specialized Roubaix Pro (3500)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I got one a little over a month ago, is that light the ***** or what! Damn thing is bright and I really like the 3 flash strobe.

Originally Posted by jon c.
recently got a cygolite 800 and am very happy with it. they get great reviews for customer service as well.
You wrote that review!? Your review is one of the reasons why I went to Performance that evening a picked one up...well, that and the fact that it was on sale for $79.

Originally Posted by on the path
Here's the review I wrote for the Performance Bike website:

I bought this light to use mainly as a daytime strobe. I'd read that a bright strobe light is one of the few things that will help a cyclist capture motorist's attention during the day. I don't know if they can see me better with this light, but in full daylight I can see the strobe's flash reflecting off of a road sign 100 yards out in front of me.

A bonus is that now I'm actually doing some riding in the dark. The brightest setting is more than is needed to light the way. On that setting I estimate the beam to be effective for about 1/8th of a mile. However, the next lower setting is more than adequate for night illumination, and motorists can undoubtedly see me coming on that setting.

I'm now getting miles in that I would not have been able to without a good light. Extreme weather may keep me off the bike, but darkness no longer will.