Old 09-21-21, 10:22 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10969 Post(s)
Liked 7,495 Times in 4,191 Posts
Originally Posted by atnyc
The models REI carries several Thule of the T2 line and the Yakima HoldUp, OnRamp. So experience on those would be particularly appreciated.
I have had a Thule T2 for 5 or 6 years now.

- Its heavy. I have the 2 bike platform and the 2 bike extension. With all 4, its very heavy. But I dont really care for more than a few minutes about the weight because the car handles it and not me.
- I would rather have a quikrstuff or 1up rack, I think. But the costs are just too high compared to what I bought the 4 bike T2 for. Quikrstuff is especially cool. Light, customizable, etc.
- get over it being difficult to use the tilt feature. The T2 XT has it in a more convenient place than my T2, but its still not easy since you are lifting a bunch of bikes.
- the bikes sitting out way from the vehicle isnt good or bad- its just how the rack is. I cant imagine excluding a rack for that reason, but we all have priorities. I also am not concerned a car will hit me due to my bikes sticking out. That car is oblivious if they hit my vehicle with 4 bikes on it. The odds are so small I dont weigh them.
- If you dont want offset trays, then you generally get a rack that is less easy to load. Take your pick on which to complain about, I guess.
- I havent used the T2 locks before, but they are integrated into the locking mechanism that goes over the front wheel. They are conveniently located. I instead use a simple cable lock and wrap it around the bikes and rack.

Look into quikrstuff.