View Single Post
Old 09-26-21, 08:06 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1790 Post(s)
Liked 1,631 Times in 934 Posts
Originally Posted by Moisture
Power output, like someone else mentioned is a subjective measurement.
I'm sure the people at Quarq would be interested in your research. Have you tried the people over at Rotor?

Longer crank arms (ie. Too long) doesn't necessarily mean more power output because it is more difficult to spin them past a certain speed.

If 175mm is fine for your legs, which I'm sure it is, I doubt you have any problems. I know a Taiwanese forging factory which sells a complete crankset with bottom bracket for $90 USD in any size... by all means, it was worth the experimentation for me.

I took my Felt (fitted with 185mm) crank arms out for a second ride yesterday.. and well... out of the two main bikes I used, ill go for 185mm over 170mm every single time. I actually find biking much more enjoyable and natural as far as spinning is concerned.

with the 190mm, even an extra 5mm difference and literally just 1mm too long for my inseam caused a lumpy spin and a strange dead zone in my cadence.
So, crank arms that were too long resulted in a dead spot in your pedal stroke, lumpy cadence, & injury, huh?

Well, I'm glad you finally started to realize that we here aren't a bunch of uneducated parrots with no real world derived experiences or emperical knowledge of some 203 years since the velocipedes invention. It takes courage to admit you were wrong, or that everyone else knew first. I actually respect you for that.

Car dependency is a tax.
Likes For base2: