Old 02-01-21, 05:54 AM
oneclick 

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,331 Times in 786 Posts
Originally Posted by juvela
-----

one piece of kitting we do not have to do much guesswork on is the cycle's arrestor set

the presence of the boss on the backside of the seat tube tells us it came with centrepulls

Giovanni Galli S.p.A. (Balilla) and Fratelli Pietra (Universal) launched their centrepull sets right near the same time

the original stem & bar set was likely Ambrosio I-beam

for most Italian cycles in this range at this time one would expect Noli-Cattaneo (Sheffield) pedals but Bozzi seemed to be fond of Way-Assauto and often employed them instead

two plausible hubs would be the Simplex of Italy by Fratelli Brivio and the Campag Sportman

[have not forgotten your notice that you are not going for a period correct build, just thinking aloud, or rather on the computer screen ]
-----
Got a bunch of Universals, but they are not in the plan - probably going on some of the other projects. Will be centre-pulls, I'll make the rear hanger from stainless.

Curious, I measured the seatpost hole as 26.2-something but a 3TTT post marked 26.4 fits. Edit: the problem with calipers with a settable zero is that they have a settable zero. I remeasured, it's 26.6-something.

As for Sheffield, I have a front hub marked with that brand - not in velobase...if I had a matching rear they'd probably be the start of the wheels, as it is I don't know what to build,

Last edited by oneclick; 02-04-21 at 06:23 AM.