kissTheApex

Bikes: Yes please

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked 308 Times in 199 Posts
K
Originally Posted by ericcox
I love this on my 530. I did a new route today - the audio cues are great. Except when I intentionally go off route and keep getting told to make a U-turn, but that's pretty much any navigation system.
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Yeah, I run in to that, or something similar, every once in a while. In particular, there's this one stretch of road that Strava thinks is impassable, so when I'm creating the route that runs through there, it'll recommend a different way and won't be overridden. IRL, I just ride the way that I want to go and meet back up with the plotted route a mile or so down the line. That mile is peppered with suggestions to make u-turns and various re-routes, though - a pain in the butt if you're at a good spot in an audiobook.
I hate it when my 1030 starts throwing out u turns to get back to the route I just had to leave because of construction, fallen tree whatever. 1030+ is supposedly much better, and faster, at re-routing mid way through a route.

Also, try the easy route app. It’s great at generating routes quickly and generally doesn’t do stuff like that.