Old 10-25-21, 07:37 PM
stevenlsmith87

Bikes: NONE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
What level is Entry Level?

Hey everyone. As the tale as old as time goes...I am in the market for a bike. I primarily am a runner, but looking to add some cycling into my life to mix it up and honestly, its something I have always wanted to do. I used to ride a hybrid Cannondale back in the day, but sold it during a move. I am looking for something I can take on the roads, some gravel roads, and rails to trails here in PA. Starting off this will probably be something done every once it awhile so I am not looking to drop over $1K (or even that much) at the moment. I would like to have something to allow my to start, and allow me to buy other things I will need/want and then eventually upgrade when I know what I am really looking for and wanting in a bike. I also know that a super cheap bike can kill the fun and just be frustrating. I was curious if you had any recommendations on anything? I would go used on Facebook or Craigslist, but I am striking out in the area I live (more rural).

Is eBay a trusted place to buy a bike? I thought about even just going to Walmart and grabbing a super cheap bike to just add some miles to my running on the rails to trails, but am hesitant about that. Looking for recommendations or at least pointed in the right direction. Thanks!
Likes For stevenlsmith87: