View Single Post
Old 01-27-20, 04:04 AM
sjanzeir
BF's Resident Dumbass

Bikes: 1990 Raleigh Flyer (size 21"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 15"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 17.5"); 2019 Dahon Mu D9; 2020 Dahon Hemingway D9

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked 1,494 Times in 496 Posts
And some recent dramatic auto-related events solidified my car-averse feelings even more, taking away whatever desire was left for owning a four-wheeled motor vehicle. I'm even starting to rethink the notion of getting a motorcycle license.

Home delivery has been all the rage over here in Saudi Arabia for a while now, along with ride-hailing apps. More often now, we are having our bottled water delivered to us in bulk and at regular intervals. My wife who hasn't got her driver's license yet, uses ride hailing apps more often than I do; I only use them for the ooccasional trip that's just too far and/or too risky to cycle, which are rare.

My job entails spending three days of each week in Riyadh. I rent an economy car (most regularly a Chevy Spark) while I'm there. I've rented a car just once in Jeddah since I sold the Benz, and that was because I needed to run a few errands across the city inside of a day.

With that being said, I still don't know how I'm going to adapt my daytime errand cycling (as opposed to recreational cycling) to the summer, which tends to start early over here in Jeddah. This year, Ramadan will fall between late April and late May, which entirely rules out and possibility of riding during the day. Perhaps my best option is to schedule my errands for late afternoons and into evenings. I still have to work that out.

Last edited by sjanzeir; 02-21-20 at 07:50 AM.
Likes For sjanzeir: