View Single Post
Old 08-20-21, 05:35 AM
Welshboy
PBP Ancien (2007)

Bikes: Cannondale CAADX (for commuting), Cannondale CAAD12, Cannondale CAAD12 Team CNCPT, Giant Contend 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 106 Posts
Mixed feelings from me that Bob Jackson are no longer trading as I had three custom built 631 frames off them back in 2004 (a fixed wheel, an audax bike and a road bike) and whilst one was perfect the other two were poor. One had lugs that weren't touching the tubes and one had forks that wouldn't take a contemporary Campagnolo front hub (Centaur). Even when using Mavic Ksyriums which fitted OK I had bad fork rub when out of the saddle. Foolishly, I gave them another go in 2007 when I asked them to make me a new frame for PBP and they totally cocked up my order by quoting 3-4 weeks delivery time on a custom build (not off-the-peg) in early March 2007 and then quoting 16-20 weeks when I chased up my order towards the end of the very same month blaming me for asking for Aheadset! They were not too quick getting my deposit cheque refunded either. All in all, a pretty miserable experience.