Old 07-18-22, 02:42 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by MinnMan
accuracy: Is the measurement reflecting the true value of the parameter.
precision: Does the measurement give high repeatability within a small window of uncertainty.

If I measure something, let's say mass, and I always get the same result within a small window, say, 153.56±0.01 grams, then I have a precise measurement. It may not be at all accurate - the true mass could be 159 grams. If I use a different balance and I get masses that vary from measurement to measurement, but centered about the true mean, say 158.5±1.5 grams, then the second balance is more accurate but less precise.

So the measurement in question, % body fat, appears to be fairly precise, without any constraints on accuracy.

Had ​​​​terrymorse written in his first post

then it would have been all good.
I'm not interested in playing word games. Those scales do not measure body fat percentage, lean mass, or anything like it. They measure how long an electric current takes to go from one foot to the other. This is not an accurate method of determining body composition. It's just not. It's like estimating your average power for a ride based on how disheveled your hair looks.
Likes For Seattle Forrest: