Old 09-22-23, 05:08 AM
PhilFo 
Tinker-er

Bikes: 1956 Rudge Sports; 1983 Univega Alpina Uno; 1981 Miyata 610; 1973 Raleigh Twenty; 1994 Breezer Lightning XTR; V4 Yuba Mundo aka "The Schlepper"; 1987 Raleigh "The Edge" Mountain Trials; 1952 R.O. Harrison "Madison"

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked 267 Times in 183 Posts
I just found this thread and read most of the pages. I'm building up a 1951 Rudge Aero Clubman with a flip-flop Normandy track hub, 19 teeth fixed, 20/16 freewheel. This thread is an inspiration! Last time I regularly rode fixed was when I was training with the Temple University cycling team in 2009. A slow-speed crash with a car door and a bus ended cycling for me for over a year due to a SLAP tear in my left shoulder. After the repair was done, the VA dragged their feet on getting me in PT and the arm healed up with a lot less range of motion. I couldn't even tuck into a drop bar without my left elbow sticking out like a crab. Finished undergrad in 2011, life, moving a lot, and a lot of cycling on multi-geared bikes, but none of the good workout of simply standing up to push down on the pedals.

So now I'm building up the Clubman and reading old threads on BF, and here I am. The bike is waiting on a few things but will be done within a week or so. I can't wait to get out on a longer ride on this "new" bicycle. Now that I've been reading so much about folks my age and older, riding SS and FG, I feel inspired to do it more, perhaps another bike is in order...