Thread: Hello/Question
View Single Post
Old 03-23-19, 08:58 PM
greatscott

Bikes: 1984 Fuji Club, Suntour ARX; 2013 Lynskey Peloton, mostly 105 with Ultegra rear derailleur, Enve 2.0 fork; 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c, full Deore with TRP dual piston mech disk brakes

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 71 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL
Counterpoint: A cyclist has all the same rights and responsibilities of use to the road as any other vehicle. Because, motorist will sometimes have to wait for a cyclist does not make them an elitist. Rather, it makes them fellow users of the road. Always keep this in mind when you're behind the wheel of a motor vehicle.
sorry but that made no sense. If a cyclist is, for example, taking the lane because it isn't safe to ride to the far right, doesn't make the cyclist an elitist, the cyclist is following the rules of the road when they are doing that, just as a horse and buggy can take the lane even though they will impede traffic, the law states we can do that because we are treated as if we are driving a car; now if there is space to the right where we can ride safely then we need to do that because the law says we are suppose to ride as far right as possible and safely can do so. An elitist is a cyclist who breaks laws that pertain to them but think they are above the law and can do whatever they damn want and to hell with whatever the motorists think. I'm a Californian, but I'm not a self righteous liberal who thinks we all should be on bikes and lets burn the cars to save the planet because I hate cars, I own both bikes and cars, and I like to use both. And since I do drive a car and ride bikes I see a lot more cyclists abusing laws that put them into danger then I do seeing cars doing the same thing percentage wise, get what I said, percentage wise.