View Single Post
Old 08-29-22, 10:18 AM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 231 Times in 183 Posts
Anyone out there who insists you can find an upright bike that is as comfortable as the right recumbent is lying. Just read the many posts of DF riders trying multiple different seats in an effort to find one that is comfortable for a really long ride. Most of us come to recumbent bikes and trikes way later than your age and wish we had made the transition way earlier. In my own case (second recumbent bike) I went from riding a couple hundred miles a year to riding 3K miles the very first year. I had a fine, lightweight, very old Motobecane Le Champion road bike that suited me very well when i was your age but became progressively less fun to ride as I got older. I didn't know didly about recumbents and bought a BikeE AT as my first one. That was a terrible choice. Shortly thereafter I bought a used long wheelbase Linear. That's the one I rode 3K miles in 11 months. It was a personal goal to ride the equivalent of riding from NYC to LA and I accomplished it just before the new year arrived. I finally gave away the Motobecane after realizing it was just taking up space. I would never go back.