Old 01-07-23, 12:39 PM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3255 Post(s)
Liked 2,545 Times in 1,523 Posts
Sweet! We were there for 2 weeks in 2000 or 2001. Whichever year they had Foot/Mouth disease across the country. Not cycling, though. Started in Dublin and worked our way down the coast and up the other side. Looked like the perfect place to do bike touring. Like the subject of your thread, we didn't really have an itinerary. Made it up as we went along. So many shades of green!

Originally Posted by Spaghetti Legs
I was just reading through Northbend’s Cino ride report thread. He posted a pic of the map handed out in former days. It made me think of long rides done before we had so much technology to remind us of where we are all the time. I still like getting a little bit lost from time to time but it’s harder to do now. Not too long ago I scanned in photos from my honeymoon in 1996. We did a bike tour of the Ring of Kerry in SW Ireland. I nice gentleman would pick our bags up each day and drive them to the next B+B and my new wife and I would set off on the bikes guided by a slip of paper with maybe not quite precise directions. We managed to keep the ocean on the left and get where we needed to be though. Any other examples of how we managed to get by without GPS BITD?