View Single Post
Old 05-07-22, 06:47 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4454 Post(s)
Liked 4,919 Times in 3,044 Posts
Originally Posted by Redbullet
They do have, in my opinion, other very interesting features as well: you can populate your peloton with bots which you can tailor as you want around your desired w/kg. You draft them, they draft you - all in a very realistic simulation, very similar with riding outside, even on your preferred uploaded real roads. I think they might have the best simulation in the market, regarding realistic riding in the peloton. That is totally opposed to the sluggish drafting in Zwift, where I was dropped many times even when I input 20-30% more w/kg than most of the riders around me... That was the only and decisive "no go" for me with Zwift.
But now... let's see what quality Wahoo will preserve in this area.
This does sound interesting and I will have to give it a try. I agree Zwift drafting is quirky and not very realistic. I've done a lot of Zwift group rides/races and the drafting anomalies can be quite frustrating at times. As you say, sometimes having to put out massive efforts to hang on for no obvious reason and other times cruising along effortlessly in the same situation.