View Single Post
Old 06-18-16, 08:00 PM
beechnutC23
U.I.O.G.D.

Bikes: Bassi Hog's Back gravel/bikepacking, Bombtrack Hook 2 gravel, Marinoni Genius/Campy Record, Marinoni Special EL-OS/Campy Record (retired to permanent indoor trainer), Rocky Mountain hybrid, Rocky Mountain mtb Cervelo R3 Team/Campy Chorus FOR SALE

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 56 Times in 17 Posts
My wife and I did 75 km in our local wine country (the western edge of Quebec's Eastern Townships). I rode my 1994 Marinoni Special. My wife rode her '93 Marinoni (stock Columbus Cromor frame, Campy Athena Ergopower components). I love my Marinoni. Though I have a carbon bike (Cervelo R3 Team on Campy Chorus), my Marinoni is my go-to bike when I want to ride a century, it is such a plush ride. I bought it new, it was a custom-fitted frame. When I slip it under me, it's like getting into my favourite pair of jeans after work.

I've just ordered a carbon Marinoni Genius to replace the Cervelo, which I bought in an end-of-season sale to try out carbon, but the frame is a wee bit too big for me and since my son is part owner of a bike shop that is a Marinoni dealer and gives his dear old dad a substantial discount, I didn't need too much convincing to decide to sell the Cervelo and order a new Genius on Campy Record that is a better fit; I should be getting it next week.

Originally Posted by bikemig
56 mile ride today on a 56 year old bike, a 1960 Olmo Gran Sport:
Great looking bike!

Nearly as old as me (58). I love classic steel road bikes, it looks to be in great shape.

Last edited by beechnutC23; 06-18-16 at 08:03 PM.