View Single Post
Old 07-12-22, 09:48 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by hazetguy
but is wax really the best chain lube? i'm not sure.
perhaps someone can start a 'what is the best chain lube' thread to help answer this age old question.
i only want to use 'the best'.
I think you already started this proposed thread:

Thank you very much. This is a very good suggestion. I believe that through this way, we can find a suitable chain lube for ourselves.

For most riders, a new chain lube is a major financial investment. It's important, then, to prevent rust or corrosion from damaging your chain lube.
The condition of the chain lube is our most important consideration. Before each ride, we must develop a habit of checking whether the chain lubes are sensitive, and whether the chain lubes are working when riding at night. Although riding is good, if you do not master the correct chain lube, it is easy to cause physical injury.

The biggest concern people have with chain lube is how long the chain lube will last. Generally speaking, the service life of an chain lube is three to five years, and the factors affecting the life are mainly the following aspects.
1. One of the best ways to ensure that your chain lube will last for many years is to avoid contact with bodies of water.
2. chain lubes are one of the most important parts of an chain lube and can last a long time, depending on many factors. A thorough inspection every few months is recommended. The chain lube is the only contact part between the chain lube and the ground. With the right speed, clean terrain, and a good PSI setting, chain lube will last the longest.
3. You wouldn't know under what conditions your chain lube would suddenly fail.
4. chain lube can effectively block the muddy water and sand particles driven by the chain lube when riding.

The custody of Cycling Pants is indeed a big problem.

And will pay attention to my words in the future.
Likes For livedarklions: