Old 12-07-21, 08:33 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked 165 Times in 110 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1324:

Woke up to unexpected snow. There was about 1/2" on the ground and still falling. I had packed my backback for my road bike, expecting dry roads. So I spent some time moving everything out of my backpack and into my panniers.

My wife and son were awake when I got up. That was weird. Turns out my wife had mixed up and accidentally given my son his morning meds last night before bed,. His morning meds are stimulants, so he had been awake since midnight. My wife felt guilty about it so she got up early and was taking him out to breakfast before they were coming back home and trying to go back to bed.

Took the fat bike. The snow covered roads weren't in too bad of shape as the snow was very powdery. The temp was 17°F when I left the house, and there was about a 15 mph cross wind. However, because snow wasn't in the forecast I hadn't gotten up as early as I normally would have to ride the fat bike, so I pushed pretty hard to try and still get to work on time. Normally it takes me about an hour to ride the fat bike to the office during the winter. This morning I did it in about 50 minutes, but it completely whipped me. When I arrived all of my clothes, including my socks, were completely drenched in sweat, and it took about 15 minutes for my heart rate to return to normal. I'm definitely not in winter shape yet.