Old 05-26-21, 12:51 PM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked 442 Times in 315 Posts
Originally Posted by CABELLOJO
Will need help in selecting a good crankset. I already have some Ultegra wheels I will use.
Dura Ace 7700 with the matching 7700 Octalink BB would make the most sense since you want to keep it original. Or you could spec a Cannondale Crank. Not sure if the CAAD3 era frames had the Hollowgram cranks yet though. Your frame has an English threaded bottom bracket, BB30 wasn't out yet. If you had a Hollowgram crank in black or silver I think you could spec a threaded 30mm bottom bracket as a custom option. The chunky arms of the Hollowgram cranks to my eye are very iconic and beefy looking. But really the 7700 cranks are so lovely. Used ones are not that expensive since they usually have extensive scratches to the clear anodizing. Fortunately, thanks the the flowing lines, they can be wet sanded with finer and finer grits of autobody wet sand paper then polished with mag wheel polish to a mirror shine (at least of the outside, polishing the inside facets might be a lot more labor intensive).
Likes For masi61: