Old 06-15-19, 07:37 PM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1069 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 505 Posts
Originally Posted by carlos danger
lets just say that you, the user, will have to do a lot more to keep such a system running than a simple rigid fork!! a lot more. i have no idea why any person in the entire world would choose such a system if given a choice. plz tell me why?

and as we all know, we adjust comfort with tire pressure/volume. whats more to understand here??

I can tell you that i simply gave away my rock shox fork to a friend in like 2009. it sucked so much a55 it was unbelievable. and i simply had to remove it from the bike and replace it with a steel salsa fork. no regrets there. bike ran great after the swap. my father actually runs this bike now. in 2019. with the same frame/fork. i guess solid steel dont really wear our.
121.11 miles on my 2018 Roubaix Expert today and with the combo of FS + tire pressure adjustment the miles were wonderfully comfortable. It's a keeper.
Likes For OldTryGuy: