Old 06-16-19, 09:03 AM
badger1

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1581 Post(s)
Liked 1,189 Times in 605 Posts
Originally Posted by eflayer
Now that I have quieted the Future Shock on my Roubaix I do believe it is the most comfortable road bike I have ever ridden. I am 68, have thumb joint issues, and ride crap roads in Sonoma County CA. This is a great all around bike for fast club rides and stand up out of the saddle climbing.

It now has Rol Range 21 aluminum disc wheels with 27mm wide rims with 28mm Conti 4000 ii tires that measure 33mm wide when mounted. The combo of FS, fat tires, lower pressure, and CGR seatpost all add up to being pretty darn great. Go fast too.

I will admit there is a lot going on in that steering shock system but I am confident it will last and be just fine. I am good with it. I do question the rattle and why on my bike, but it's fixed and all good now.
Yep. I'm a flat-bar road bike person, but I'm confident my new Sirrus (X Comp) will prove out the same once I get it sorted (tires etc.). Initial impressions are very good; the FS definitely works as advertised. I do have some noise, not so much rattles as a distinct 'click' whenever the spring compresses past a certain point, but again I've no doubt this will be remedied.

Bike replaces a '10 Sirrus that has been an excellent bike, but I'm (now) 67 going on 68 and with some health issues that are exacerbated by jarring/vibration. I didn't want to use anything wider/heavier/lower pressure than a 32mm road tire to deal with road shock, so the FS seemed the way to go.