Old 06-16-19, 09:19 AM
eflayer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
my bet is

what i have been calling a rattle is what you are calling a click. consider that the headset cover is sitting on top of metal underneath and if you have spacers they are jostling against the metal ring either at the top or bottom of the rubber FS boot. let me know if you need more details...or if in fact your problem is different.

Originally Posted by badger1
Yep. I'm a flat-bar road bike person, but I'm confident my new Sirrus (X Comp) will prove out the same once I get it sorted (tires etc.). Initial impressions are very good; the FS definitely works as advertised. I do have some noise, not so much rattles as a distinct 'click' whenever the spring compresses past a certain point, but again I've no doubt this will be remedied.

Bike replaces a '10 Sirrus that has been an excellent bike, but I'm (now) 67 going on 68 and with some health issues that are exacerbated by jarring/vibration. I didn't want to use anything wider/heavier/lower pressure than a 32mm road tire to deal with road shock, so the FS seemed the way to go.