View Single Post
Old 09-15-21, 11:03 AM
kahn

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked 690 Times in 396 Posts
Originally Posted by Kapusta
Yep, I check pressure before most rides.

I also carry a lot of tools, because that is what I want on my long and remote rides, and I have little inclination to thin it out on short rides. Easier just to leave it all in there. Also, I often ride with folks who have mechanicals.

As far as the cell phone replacing tools..... that's just weak. "Hi, can you drop what you are doing and take an hour or two out of your day to come pick me up? I know this is inconvenient, but it saves me from carrying 6 oz worth of tools in a saddle bag"
Although, I did just that about two weeks ago. The last person or Olympic weight lifter who tightened my rear through-axle did a fantastic job. I got a gashed tire (I might have been able to boot it) but could not get the through-axle loosened. I cursed, prodded and bent a tire level in futile attempts to get the thing loose. I even took off my bike shoe and tried using it as a hammer. It required a decent sized rubber mallet's 2-3 good hits to move it.

I now understand AAA might come to the rescue. Or the appropriate Lyft/Uber car???