Old 05-01-22, 10:55 AM
Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2135 Post(s)
Liked 1,647 Times in 829 Posts
Let's see. I have dabbled in some of the new tech and have "retreated" from some of it. FWIW I am a recreational 59 year old rider. I don't race. I do occasionally do events where the pace is spirited.

I tried hydraulic disc brakes and decided that I didn't like them. They are the only brakes that have ever left me stranded and in need of a shop to get back on the road. They stop great and are easy to finesse. It's also easy to have a pucker factor moment, grab too much front brake and dump.

I had a nice carbon fiber road bike (Tarmac). It was fine. I switched to it from an aluminum bike. Some things I liked better and others not as much. I went to titanium from the carbon fiber and am just where I need to be in a road bike.

I have my first thru axle bike. There is nothing that I like about it better than standard QR.

10 speeds is enough for me.

I am way out in front of what will become a trend. Real world gearing. Compact was a gravitation in the right direction. Now there is sub-compact. They are almost where they need to be.

Have not tried tubeless and won't. Have not tried electronic shifting and won't.
Likes For Paul Barnard: