View Single Post
Old 04-20-23, 09:48 PM
Reynolds 
Passista

Bikes: 1998 Pinarello Asolo, 1992 KHS Montaņa pro, 1980 Raleigh DL-1, IGH Hybrid, IGH Utility

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 870 Post(s)
Liked 722 Times in 397 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Besides being an awesome endurance feat, that seems like it is close to practically impossible. Did you never have to stop once or can you do track stands?

To be clear, I'm not doubting you, I just want to know how you managed that because it's such a cool thing to have accomplished.
It took me about 6 1/2 hours. My initial plan was to do a century, but I felt good at 161kms and decided to extend it to Ironman distance. It was a cool and sunny day, almost no wind, ideal for cycling. I have the detailed record somewhere, but I recall eating some bananas and energy bars I carried in my jersey pockets and drinking about 2l of water (2 big bottles). In training I had done some 100km rides on water only, so it wasn't too difficult. Of course when I arrived home, first thing was to pee and drink...
If someone had told me they did that before I did, I would've been somewhat incredulous too, but it wasn't as hard as it sounds.
Likes For Reynolds: