View Single Post
Old 09-10-21, 06:29 PM
tricky 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 298 Posts
Originally Posted by ThermionicScott
Just speaking for myself, I like when people add interesting or useful data to an old thread; it becomes an even better repository of information for that topic. And I figure when a topic takes years to unfold and there are new developments, updating the existing thread is a nice way to keep it all in one place. (I can't stand when someone starts multiple threads about a topic and it's up to other users to hunt down the other threads and get the whole story.)

It is somewhat irritating when a new member obliviously bumps an old thread they found in a search and doesn't realize the person they're responding to is banned (or dead). But there's not much point in getting upset and adding more comments, since that just bumps it to the top again. So I usually (try to) let it go...
I don't see a problem in this thread getting bumped. This is the classic and VINTAGE forum after all. Old stuff is still relevant here. I was also enjoying the photos of the polished 600 cranks. NDL didn't do anything wrong, but was rudely educated of the fact that he was replying to an old thread and quoting a banned user.