View Single Post
Old 09-11-21, 02:29 AM
verktyg 
verktyg

Bikes: Current favorites: 1988 Peugeot Birraritz, 1984 Gitane Super Corsa, 1980s DeRosa, 1981 Bianchi Campione Del Mondo, 1992 Paramount OS, 1988 Colnago Technos, 1985 RalieghUSA SBDU Team Pro

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1036 Post(s)
Liked 1,238 Times in 654 Posts
Zombie threads

Originally Posted by tricky
I LOVE it when people get mad when 12 year old threads get dug up!

ThermionicScott easyupbug I agree with hazetguy about digging up ZOMBIE THREADS

My objections are for practical reasons: Many of those old posts have multiple pages and it's frequently a waste of time to drill down to find the message or messages relative to the new additions.

Starting a new thread brings fresh ideas and people into the loop and it's easier for new BF members to quickly find solutions rather than digging through all the old stuff that may have been frequently side tracked or hijacked.

easyupbug There's not much in the way of published protocols on BF, we're mostly a polite and self monitoring group.

BITD on the old rec.bicycles.tech newsgroup and other forums, one could find themselves mercilessly FLAMED for bringing up Zombie Threads.

BTW, Google is a good place to search for BF information because it not only lists topics but also the time line so there's no guessing about Zombie Threads.

In closing, that polished 105 crank looks really nice... But start a new thread. You can always put a ling in for a old thread or message.

verktyg

Chas. ;-)

Last edited by verktyg; 09-11-21 at 02:49 AM.