Old 09-27-21, 06:57 PM
cxwrench

Bikes: lots

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked 2,932 Times in 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by AJW2W11E
Silly question.I’m pretty new to riding, I am coming up on my 18 th month of riding, rarely missing a day. I have a Bianchi Pista and a Giant Tough road. I never got around to buying padded shorts partly because I don’t like really . Out here in the PNW I ride in shorts everyday. When I started riding I looked for bike seats with twice as much padding as a sofa, but now my backsides have gotten used to bike saddles . Anyone else out there doing this?
Years ago I would have a chamois (pad) is a must, but I don't necessarily feel that way any more. Any time I go on a road or mtb ride I'll wear padded shorts or wear them under mtb baggies but when I ride the bmx or cruiser I just wear street cloths. Lots of the 'enduro' kids at the shop don't wear padded shorts under their baggies, just boxers. Whatever floats your boat as they say.

Originally Posted by wolfchild
I consider padded cycling shorts to be the same as any other underwear and I treat them as such. This means that I would never wear them exposed out in public.. I do use padded shorts quite a lot but i always wear them underneath my regular cargo pants.
You have insecurity issues. If you just didn't like them that would be one thing but to compare them to underwear is just weird. There are millions of cyclists wearing lycra that will back me up.