View Single Post
Old 11-30-21, 10:13 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3137 Post(s)
Liked 1,704 Times in 1,029 Posts
Originally Posted by delbiker1
Quote, chaadster : They make the lux paint on the Venturi look great, but also provide some protection against salty sweat marring that paint.

I almost bought one of those a number of years ago. I think it was Performance Bike that had a last 52 cm on deep discount, IIRC, $900 usd. I could not pull the trigger on it due to the geometry being too aggressive for me. Also, I was kind of in between the 52 and 54. I really wanted one, but not to be. Very nice looking bike and I remember they had a lot of really good reviews, some stating the frameset was stiff and definitely race oriented. It seems you must like yours.
Indeed I love it! I haven’t ridden it all that much the past few seasons because my fitness has been crap due to illness and injury, and the bike is not really that comfortable when I’m not fit, strong, and riding aggressively. It is stiff…also short and steep, so it needs constant attention and muscle input; it’s not an easy cruiser, and I run a ton of saddle-to-bar drop on top of it, so when I’m fat, being cranked over on top of being weak is awfully hard. It loves dippin’ n dashin’, though, and when I’ve got the power to run it hard, it’s better than any bike I’ve ever ridden.

I don’t think there were any geometry changes between model years of these “gen 2” Venturi (i.e. MY12 - MY15), but this 35th anniversary paint on the ‘12s is really special, with detailing, richness, depth, and lustre the lighter blue of the later years did not have.

There is a never-built, 54c MY12 on ebay right now… https://www.ebay.com/itm/16520790682...wAAOSwW~Bhf~yM