Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,809 Times in 3,317 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
Google "HS1" or "heat stress protein." And no, don't hose yourself off before you ride unless it's in competition. Heat stress is the whole point. Climbing in over 100° is a challenge, especially with a tailwind and the sweat dripping off your nose onto your top tube.
What about if I'm in competition with myself when I go out for a ride? It's not like I'm doing easy zone 2 rides. My first hard and fast climb is 5 minutes after I hit the road and many times my 20 second power coming out of the neighborhood to the first stop light less than a quarter mile from the start is up there with the rest of my better 20 second power times. And after the first few hard efforts sweat keeps my clothes soaked and is dripping off my nose onto my top tube quite often during the ride.

Unfortunately or fortunately there aren't many long climbs where I have to stay slow for more than 45 seconds. And typically I don't do the routes that have the longer climbs when the temps are high unless I have been out and acclimated to the high temps.

Currently I'm just viewing the wetting of my clothes a pre-sweating till I get my body sweat is in full swing. Am I really missing anything during those first 10 - 15 minutes that won't be made up for during the next 80 - 85 minutes of my typical ride?