cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked 639 Times in 435 Posts
Originally Posted by delbiker1
What we think matters not, Caveat Emptor. Accept that you made the mistake, regardless of the seller's description, deal with it the best way you can, and move on.
The 28" thing has been a problem for decades, and is still an issue. Schwalbe still lists their 700c tubes with the '28" designation.
As in a prior post, 28" is both ETRTO 622 AND 635 (ISO)
622 is the most common for many bikes, currently... but was not always that way.
BUT 635 was quite overwhelmingly common in Europe and UK, when most City/Tour/Everyday bikes were built with this larger wheel size. Gosh, I don;t even know how far back it goes when this 635 wheel size was dominant... But certainly still in use today.
as recommended, move on - you can try to sell the tires on whatever local online sales/listing site (like Craigslist) and prolly they will sell at some point.
... I'd buy them, except the shipping cost isn't worth it....
... My Opa's Rad - 1939 Phenomenon - I'm still using it a lot - a comfy ride in my home town which is still entirely 'paved' with 'Sett' (Belgian Block). The local bike shop still sells a bunch of 28/ETRTO 635... LOL!

1939 Phenomenon

Ride On
Yuri

Last edited by cyclezen; 11-11-22 at 10:27 AM.