View Single Post
Old 01-30-23, 03:46 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4941 Post(s)
Liked 8,081 Times in 3,822 Posts
Originally Posted by mschwett
i find they’re way more useful than comparing overall rides. too many variables there, including traffic, road conditions, effort level, differential effects of wind etc.

for any of my favorite 10-20 segments, i’ll generally know what the constraints were. if it was potentially an all out effort with neutral or advantageous winds, then comparing it to other top efforts is really useful. no way to do that for a whole ride.
Yep.

Originally Posted by msu2001la
Same. Segments are great for this and I like how Strava makes it easy to see performance over time on them. I also find the "matched rides" feature to be similarly useful, where it compares total rides. This seems especially useful on Zwift, where I'm more likely to ride the exact same route over and over.
Yep, again.

Don't tell Strava this, but if they doubled the annual subscription rate, I would still pay for it.