Old 11-05-20, 01:05 PM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,395 Times in 2,092 Posts
One, two, and three are all very good points, and the red Atala is a valid example of any of these three. Granted, I have a hard time understanding why someone would choose a given pair of drop bars if they can't tilt it so it's both comfortable in the drops and the bullhorn position, but that's another story.

However, that white fixie has "doesn't know how to size self to bike, more interested in aping funny bike stance" written all over it. That saddle angle looks as if it'll cause more medical issues than anything else. Plus, let's not forget the "brakeless fixie that's not legal for the track" cliché, which means whoever rides this thing will be using the tops, even though their bar grips are fashionably in denial of that fact. It's a silly build that cannot possibly be comfortable for extended periods of time.

Originally Posted by noglider
That depends. I prefer Brooks saddles, and many have observed that most Brooks saddles are pointed up a bit, and that's the case for me.
For North Road and other upright riding applications, yes. But not so on the Pro and Swift - at least as designed though. These were designed to be more or less to be level (which makes sense, given the rider is now leaned forward against the bars), while the seating area is cupped to fit the sit bones, rather than the flat area of the B.72/66/67.

Granted, these are by no means hard and fast rules - one might want to nose up a Pro to combat slippage, personal fit, or medical reasons. I'm not sure the same applies for nose down on an upright bar Brooks though - the nose-up angle is significant enough that leveling it out would bring the rear a lot higher up than with most road saddles.

Originally Posted by nlerner
Hmm, so where is this one pointing?
To the marketing department? For the most part, the actual points of contact between the body and the saddle aren't anywhere near the turndown on that saddle nose.

Looks like a great way to chafe the inner leg if you knee in.

-Kurt