View Single Post
Old 01-11-21, 03:31 AM
geeteeiii

Bikes: HVZ Meteor 1979, HVZ Champion 1962, HVZ SS Moskva80 1981, Dürkopp 1936

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 70 Posts
Third one is a Olympic special edition Start Shosse 1981.
This one has some defects and because of them it was converted into a beater fixed gear. Rear dropout has been welded and the cable guides for the derailleurs have broken off. This one i suspect was also assembled on a monday or friday as the quality of everything is terrible. Brazing looks extremely sloppy, with deep file marks on every lug visible through the paint. Also the stickers are all crooked. Never seen one this bad with such a production year, normally they got really bad in the late 1980-s and early 1990-s.
I found some late HVZ cranks for this one, also extremely low quality but they are square taper. There were higher quality square taper cranks available from HVZ, my meteor had those from the factory, but they are sadly missing and finding them is pretty hard.

And fourth one, this was bought as a frame because of the early badge that made it onto the Champion. But since the graphics looked cool, i threw some parts on it to make some sort of budget cyclocross kind of bike out of it. Rear triangle is bent, but it suprisingly rides straight. This is lowest end HVZ geared bicycle, frame is heavy and weak, most popular bikes with this frame were called the Tourist, this one is called Sport and from 1972.