View Single Post
Old 05-12-22, 10:43 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
If the pedestrians had to change their pace then the rider messed up their flow. A central part of riding like that is trying to not disrupt the flow of traffic, you find the holes and fit through. Heck, an old school training technique for running red lights is to take your hands off the handlebars. Running red lights is about forsight and adaptability, and taking away your ability to control your bike and dodge cars forces you to flow smoothly and avoid disrupting traffic. Some of the videos I posted were in a race enviornemnt, the race happens once a year and attracts the best urban riders from all over the globe. Stuff that looks extremely dangerous to us might not be to them

BS. One of the videos you posted very clearly showed your guy repeatedly refusing to stop for pedestrians in the crosswalk and coming VERY close to hitting several of them. That's ok because he's timing running a red light or racing on streets where racing is inherently illegal and dangerous? Literally the opposite from "Yield to all pedestrians even if you have the right of way."

If I'm a pedestrian, I'm not volunteering to be a meat pylon for an "urban rider" of any caliber. I don't care if those "racers" consider it dangerous or not, they're disrespecting my rights and putting me in danger. Don't pretend to be all solicitous of the safety of pedestrians if you're condoning that..