View Single Post
Old 06-03-22, 11:23 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Originally Posted by Narhay
I have the tools and the bulk consumables enough that I could turn that bike around for about $50 assuming those tires are newer. For someone that doesn't have boxes and boxes of parts it would take probably a couple hundred dollars to rebuild it the way I'd like and in the end I'd have a low end bike with rust, bad paint but that functions almost as well as it did (badly) in 197X. With the state of the wheels and other components it is worth buying as a bar bike that saves you a single $35 uber ride but that's about it.
The Sekine SHA/SIA was not a bicycle that functioned badly. I worked in and later managed a Sekine dealership, during this era. Having assembled literally hundreds of this model, I would rank it higher than the direct competition that we carried, which included the CCM Targa, Peugeot A08 and Raleigh Record. We were the best repair shop in town, so we also worked on all the other brands that carried were locally. IMO, Sekine had the best bicycle at this level, during this era. Yes, it was low end but it was far from a bad bicycle when compared with the competition.

Last edited by cb400bill; 06-03-22 at 12:46 PM.
Likes For T-Mar: