Old 06-06-22, 10:49 AM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8280 Post(s)
Liked 9,042 Times in 4,475 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
If you go off on a brisk ride of only 25 miles and are tired afterward, then I'd suspect you got dehydrated. Though perhaps you hydrated well on the ride, but didn't while mowing the grass.

Yard work like mowing grass is one of the things I find that I don't adequately hydrate during. If you wait till afterward to hydrate it's too late. You might be tired for days. IMO. electrolytes and carbs play a part too, but mostly it's just keeping water in you.

I've got to ride 30 plus today and then come home and walk behind a mower for 70 minutes. On the bike it's easy to take a gulp every 10 minutes since there are two bottles in the main triangle. Maybe I need to install some bottle cages on the mower!
If you're doing yardwork in high heat you could try a small Camelbak. I usually put a water bottle out near me so I don't have to go inside to get a drink. Or I guzzle before and make myself take water breaks during yardwork.

When the weather gets hot I seem to be in a constant state of dehydration from riding and just being hot.