Thread: 2022 Randonnees
View Single Post
Old 06-07-22, 08:13 PM
downtube42

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Gen 3, Soma Fog Cutter, Focus Mares AL, Detroit Bikes Sparrow FG, Volae Team, Nimbus MUni

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked 2,063 Times in 1,081 Posts
Originally Posted by clasher
Check out our schedule, there's only two gravel brevets, and only a few other routes have a few km of gravel... it's super-easy to do an entire series and not see a lick of off-pavement riding. In Ontario if you wanted to stick to asphalt it's pretty easy to avoid the half-dozen routes that have some gravel. I wouldn't suggest anyone cut the course on a brevet 'cos they don't like gravel. They should take it up with the organizers and get rides that meet the needs of the club members. All I can really say is that things are run differently up in Canada. Membership is 50$ a year, ride as many brevets as you want. We don't have support at the start or volunteers at any of the controls.
I've ridden brevets with clubs in many US states, an there is quite a bit of variety in terms of support. It's really up to the RBA, and how much support they have or want. From Indiana where the RBA would hand out cards at the start and leave his car window cracked open for us to drop cards into at the finish... to SIR that generally has volunteers at the start and finish, and often at one control en route. I've mailed in my card somewhere... I don't recall where. Of course we have permanents, where you're on your own. It's all good.