View Single Post
Old 06-28-22, 06:40 AM
Kilroy1988 

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked 1,838 Times in 608 Posts
Originally Posted by bamboobike4
Until then, based on two sales, I will consider 2.25 x everyone else’s price to be the Thin Man Variable. Always account for the Variable.
Again, I said I've had "Raleigh Portage" saved in my eBay search for several years and have seen numerous examples (probably about 6-8) sell for $1,000 or more - that accounts for at least half of the complete bicycles that have sold on eBay during that time. However, that's actually 2.5x the HIGH figure given in the initial thread until I posted the recent sale example. $1,000+ is not an outlier, it's a norm for folks willing to sell on eBay and should certainly be something considered by those offering appraisals because selling on eBay is also a pretty normal thing to do these days.

I said I watch the market and that's why I took the time to respond in both of the Portage appraisal threads that have come up in question here. I've been waiting for a 25" frame example to come up in my size at a time when I had the funds and space available but it hasn't happened yet...

-Gregory

Last edited by Kilroy1988; 06-28-22 at 07:01 AM.