Thread: Addiction LXXIX
View Single Post
Old 09-02-20, 07:49 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10435 Post(s)
Liked 11,911 Times in 6,100 Posts
Originally Posted by MoAlpha
So, I'm riding home from work in a closed lane of a 2-lane road that has "No vehicles" signs sprouting out of it. I see a buddy of mine coming the other way on the opposite side of the road. I turn around and yell at him and smack into a sign at about 12 mph. Oh my ******g God that hurt. I didn't go down, but I have bruises on my right shoulder, thigh, and hand. I don't think they're running the TT tomorrow, but I'm not sure I could do it. Jeez, I'm an idiot.
Cripes, that must have been a shock! The local road crews just LOVE to put their signs in the middle of the bike lane on roads where the cars are going >45 mph. In fact, on one video a local cyclist posted to YouTube, that I've been using to fend off boredom while riding the trainer, he encounters just such signs, and because he mounted the GoPro on his helmet, we all get to see him look over his shoulder for cars - not at other cyclists....

But inquiring minds want to know - Did it make a comical *FWANGGG!!!!* sound?

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles