Old 07-04-21, 02:31 PM
jrhoneOC

Bikes: 2021 Specialized Chisel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by rosefarts
So that’s not the case here. I actually try to avoid riding my mountain bike until I’ve found trails I don’t think my gravel bike should be on.

Anyway, this discussion has led me down a rabbit hole.

My post is a USE Gravity Dropper Turbo from 2012. I got it used and have had it a year. It drops 4” and 1”. That 1” setting is really hard to get to too. Additionally, in order to lock a position, I have to pull out on the lever with my thumb. Push for down and pull for lock.

Reading these posts, I came to realize that many (most?) posts are infinite adjustments within its range. Am I also correct to assume that new posts keep their position without having to pull back out on the lever? Push to drop or raise to where you want and let go to lock? Sounds like worlds better than what I am using.

I started this topic by saying that it was functioning well, I’m beginning to feel like a decade newer post might actually encourage more use. I liked my Canti brakes and 200gs with biopace in 1993…. Time marches on.

I’m thinking of the PNW Pine 110mm external route post. $200, free shipping, in stock, cleaner routing, and should work with my remote.
Unless there is something magnificent about your lever id get an entire upgrade. I would bet levers have improved as well as the droppers.