Old 07-13-21, 12:32 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by ksryder
Oh I've got it down to science. Wake up, turn on the electric kettle, feed the dogs and cats, by that time the water is the right temp, pour in the water, go take a shower, hot coffee waiting for me when I get done.

But I'm not making that much -- enough for my wife and me to have 2 cups, which is all I drink any more. And I bought a stainless steel french press because I was tired of breaking the glass ones but also because it keeps the coffee warm enough while I'm fussing around.

Someone also gifted us a Nespresso when we got married. Super wasteful but boy howdy does it make some tasty espresso. The pods aren't cheap either. I used to save it for early morning rides when I was trying to beat the heat in the hottest part of the summer--wake up, mainline a couple shots of espresso, hit the road. But now I just kind of force myself to start riding and I find I wake up eventually once my heart rate gets up.
I don't do FP at home, but I've been bringing a FP and a little Bodum burr grinder along on trips to VA (I've been tempted to bring my espresso machine and Mazzer, but haven't... yet). You should check out James Hoffman's French Press method on the YouTubes - just be careful, he could coax you down a deep rabbit hole.
Likes For WhyFi: