Old 07-24-20, 12:35 AM
polyphrast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Miele Man
Well, I bought the Lezyne Multi Drive 1000 light and charged it overnight last night. The instructions say it does NOT meet the German SvTZO standards. Whether that's because it does not have a cutoff beam or because it has a flashing mode I don't know yet. I'm going for a night ride with it tonight and will post whether it has the cutoff beam.
Both. Blinking is not at all allowed, but since that is only a programming feature, it is easily removed. The issue must be the beam. But please report or provide a beamshot against a wall or in a forest/wooded area.
i personally refer with "StVZO" in most cases to the beam pattern. Whether a light then has a blink mode (like the outbound does) or not is imho irrelevant, i just don't use blink modes, especial not for front lighting.

Originally Posted by canklecat
Ditto, the Outbound light, although some users say there's a noticeable difference in apparent brightness between the pool of light closest to the bike and the more distant beam. In customer videos I see a slightly difference in apparent brightness.
well amongst others, i do say so as well.