Old 08-03-20, 12:30 AM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by polyphrast
thanks for posting the beam shots and your opinion. Looks like a pretty ordinary roundshape beam type. I'd say a cheap Lumintop B01 puts more usable light on the road with only 450 lm and it has a cut-off (but no stvzo cert). But that light is probably nice for some trail riding.
I think the beam on the Lezyne 1000 light could be better shaped as there's a LOT od upward and sideways spill that's not really needed. Like I said upthread, t he sideways spill is so great that I could see reflectors on gates that were a number of feet off the road. I'd have rather had a beam that put more light a bit further down the road.

I guess it's hard to make a light with a long but road & road shoulder width beam that doesn't have a lot of upwards and sideways spill.

I wonder how the Lezyne 500 or 550 lights with SvTZO beams will compare to this 1000 light? I might just buy one to see.

Cheers

Last edited by Miele Man; 08-03-20 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Forgot a comment