View Single Post
Old 06-14-21, 02:58 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10413 Post(s)
Liked 11,874 Times in 6,081 Posts
Originally Posted by WilliamK1974
Here's one from my neck of the woods:

https://chattanooga.craigslist.org/b...316029315.html

Not sure whether to laugh or cry. Just the addition of the Brooks saddle probably doubled the value. But the trouble here is that with all the work the person did and all the time they expended, they've got far more in than they'll be able to get out of it. Makes you want to ask why, because surly the person knew that a Varsity isn't considered a classic rarity.

There was also a recent post on the Facebook marketplace where someone was selling a Huffy Aerowind (I think) that was still NOS and in the original box asking $250. Sure, it would be interesting to get to unpack something like that, but not for $250. Wonder what its original MSRP was.

-William
"Posted a month ago" So, it's still for sale? Wouldn't that mean it's NOT worth $350?

Just because there's a high ASKING price doesn't mean there's a high SELLING price. I mean, I got $75 knocked off the Lotus Classique I just bought, just for being willing to drive across The Bay!

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles