Old 04-06-07, 10:29 AM
Gee3
Senior Moment Member

Bikes: Specialized Allez Elite Double & 2008 Look 555

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi my name is Gary and I'm an alcoh... oh wait, wrong forum... har, har!

I still consider myself a newbie roadie. I'll be 36 in May and I live in Daly City near Gellert Park. I don't ride nearly as often as I used to before I moved back to the City after being in the Dallas area for the last 5 years. And Dallas is not nearly as hilly as it is here! So these hills are killin' me!

Anyway, I started riding last year with my buddy in TX. We did the MS150, a handful of metric centruries and one century called Hotter-n-Hell in Wichita Falls, TX(which lived up to it's name!). My major goal this year is the NorCal MS150 (aka Waves to Wine) in September. The new chapter president is changing it up big time from what I understand of previous years. She's starting it at Ocean Beach in SF, through the Presidio, over the Golden Gate through Sausalito and up parts of the route used in the ToC. The second day is supposed to be relatively flat and it ends in Healdsburg. Apparently there will be about 7k feet of climbing the first day so a flat day 2 will be welcomed. So I need to log in some miles going uphills! UGH!! (plus I have friends that have MS so I ride it for personal reasons)

I'd actually like to get a team together for the MS ride... anyone interested?

Other than that, I've been trying to get back on the bike the last couple of months and am just now starting to branch out and hit Skyline from about Hickey to the park/lake up where Skyline hits 280 and back. But I usually only get to ride Sat or Sun mornings for a bit. I really need to hook up with people in my area and log in some more miles!

Other than that I have an Allez Elite double and with a wife and child that's about all I'll have for a while. hehe! But that's me in a nutshell...

PS - it amazes me when I hear about people doing double centuries! I'd love to try it but I'm afraid I'd keel over. That or I'd need two days to finish! haha!